Front-end Developer - Helsinki
Who are we?
Columbia Road is an independent Futurice subsidiary challenging the old ways of running ecommerce and digital business. We exist to increase our clients’ revenue and help them get more customers in the digital era. Our tight-knit team consists of business consultants who understand software and highly talented business-driven design and technology specialists.
We believe that technology is a tool which we need to master, but the actual business impact of the service is the first thing we want to understand, and select proper tooling after that.
We, like Futurice, are a great place to work. Our company spirit is one of a true start-up, but with a twist of hard-core experience. We believe in giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to our employees. We love to laugh a lot, play some tunes at the office and grab a few drinks after work.
You are not afraid of working with backend technologies either, but you're able to jump into different kinds of environments. Past experience with ecommerce platforms and technologies, such as Magento, Shopify or WooCommerce would be very valuable.
You already know that building a new service is a learning process, which consists of multiple hypotheses and validation of these using an analytical approach. It’s very useful if you also have understanding of various analytics tools and A/B testing frameworks, which you can use to validate your assumptions.
Skills and experience we expect you to have:
- Analytical mindset, ability to see outside the box
- Great communication skills
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Ability to transform a visual sketch into a responsive, snappy and elegant solution for the selected target devices
- A growing toolbox, with proper tools for solving the problem at hand
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies
First interview: before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Columbia Road. We also let you present highlights from your career and tell us about your roles and learnings.
Second interview: you get to meet more Columbia Road people, and the conversation will zoom in to the areas that we’ve identified as most interesting in the first meeting. We’re trying to get a solid understanding of your skills and ambitions. You will understand better how you would potentially fit into our team.
Sometimes it’s useful to have a third round. After all, we’re making a match between our organisation and you, as a human being. We want to get this right.
When we’re done with the face-to-face discussions, we’ll contact the people you have chosen as references.
We hope to hear from you soon!
What we offer:
- Best people to work with and learn from in a flat organisation
- Competitive salary
- Lunch benefit
- Phone benefit
- Pick the laptop and phone of your choosing
- Health care & service
- Insurance for travel and free-time
- Recurring training & learning sessions
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement
- Friday breakfasts
- Sports & culture vouchers
- Company excursion trips (e.g. this autumn to London)
- Option to have housing as a part of total compensation (tax deductible)
Take a look at our Culture Code to get to know us better.